Monday, August 13, 2007

Signing On

This blog is named in honor of my mother who spent countless hours in the wee hours of the morning writing letters at the kitchen table with an inconsolable, cranky, screaming baby (me) on her lap. Most of the letters were never sent, but the practice gave her something to do when nothing would calm me down and she knew she wouldn't sleep until I did. She later told me that she thought of publishing those many letters in a book she would title "Letters After Midnight." Now that I too have become a mother (to another screamer no less) and find that the only peaceful time I have to myself is after midnight, I thought the title only appropriate. So, this is for you Mom! I love you so much and have only just begun to realize how much you sacrificed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment