Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend


We have had an absolutely beautiful weekend here in Cincinnati. The temperature has been warm, but not too warm and the skies have been clear, providing lots of sunshine. The kids on our street have been outside almost non-stop (as have most of the parents). We've bbq-ed at two different friends' houses and enjoyed some great hang-time. We are so thankful for the friends that God has brought into our lives here in Cincinnati. They open their homes to us and invite us to hang out with them and their extended families on weekends like this when family time is the norm.

Speaking of family, Memorial Weekend will always remind me of my family. Since my mother's birthday is May 24th, it falls on or near the holiday weekend every year. So, I hope you had a wonderful birthday mom! I love you so much and can't wait to see you in August. My grandfather's birthday is just a few days later, so Papa, I hope you have a great birthday too! I'll call you on Tuesday. I love you both so much! Happy Birthdays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I am glad you had fun! My mom;s birthday is today and I actually got to spend it with her for the first time in years. It was so fun. They were in town for the wedding mania of the weekend but we had some good time together anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete