Sunday, October 5, 2008

Alone again and the kids are sick...ugh

Well, James is off again for work. His company has a conference each fall and in recent years they have invited fewer of their associates to actually attend the conference since they would likely have to fly them in and put them up in a hotel for the duration. So, it was great that he was recognized and asked to attend, but it also means being away from home for seven days.

I know it is rough on him so I need to remember not to ignore his feelings when considering my own because, let's face it...it SUCKS to have him gone so long. That by itself would be bad enough. But, this morning Katherine woke up suffering from some sort of stomach bug. I mean...gross!

I am a bit of a contradiction where this is concerned. I have a degree in biology so you would think that I would have more of a stomach for ick, but it is conditional. I can dissect things any day - blood doesn't bother me. It is the other bodily fluids that I just can't handle. Spit, snot, vomit, excrement of an abnormal sort...it makes me a little crazy. So a stomach bug with no help is not going to be fun.

Oh well, I guess that is motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment