Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ahhh...silence

I am sitting here, listening to the radio, drinking a Coke, and relaxing. I was able to take a long shower (I know, a waste of water, but it had been a couple of days) and will be able to dry my hair (a luxury when you have two kids). All of this without the help of two little ones. My wonderful husband did the Saturday morning family Gymboree excursion by himself to give me a little break. He is awesome.

Yesterday was rough and he didn't get home until 7:30 or so. By the time he got home I was sitting on the floor in our room, in the dark, nursing an extremely grumpy baby, and trying to explain through clenched teeth the merits of an "inside voice" to an extremely high-strung 3yo.

Bless the poor guy, James ordered pizza on his way home and shooed me out the door after dinner so I could run an errand and get some space. He did this despite the fact that he had worked until 7pm, had left the house very early that morning to finish the presentation he had to give in front of the leaders of his company, and had de-briefed after the presentation with the president of the company. He had just a little on his mind, but saw my needs and gave me a break. What can I say, he is pretty cool and he is all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment