Sunday, January 18, 2009

We made it!

We left after a frenzy of packing, cleaning, and organizing. Some of our dearest friends pitched in to make it happen. It was chaotic, but a farewell befitting our great neighborhood and friends in Cincinnati. We cried, laughed, hugged, packed, and chased a gaggle of kids around, but got everything done in the end.
We took two days to make the drive, but the weather was good. Not as cold in Kansas City as it was when we left Cincinnati.
Hopefully we can spend tonight and tomorrow settling in before James has to go back to work on Tuesday.
I miss everyone in Cincinnati terribly, but am finally feeling glimmers of excitement as we explore our new surroundings and recognize places we used to go when we lived here almost 9 years ago.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. Why the move and why Kansas City? I moved a ton as a kid and it was always hard. But in hindsight, I see how rich my life was due to all the amazing people and places I got to have as a part of my life. I actually get antsy now after being in one place too long.
    I'll be praying for your transition and that you would find good friends and a good church. Those make all the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete